125 years of expertise
The Thomas Miller group has been the leading provider of insurance and risk management services to the marine and transport sectors for over 125 years. Its long history of managing liability and property mutual for ship owners, ports, freight forwarders, intermediaries and others means that these areas are quite naturally at the heart of TMCM’s claims handling focus.
- Hull, machinery and property
- Third-party liability including cargo, transit, crew, guest/visitor and occupier
- Liabilities and disputes under contract and charter
Operational and risk management support
Operators appreciate that seeing a problem early can be the best way of mitigating a loss. Clients look to TMCM for guidance and advice on potential disputes before they arise.
Rather than merely a claims handling facility, TMCM acts as a “one stop shop” for operational and risk management teams.
- Real-time guidance and support to Masters and fleet personnel on incidents, disputes, protests and potential liabilities worldwide
- Advice on charterparty clauses, contractual liabilities and indemnities
- ISM audits and compliance
- Placing of specific marine risks in the London insurance market
Crew and passenger specialists
TMCM’s senior management features a strong background in crew and passenger claims. CEO Peter Jackson has headed the crew and passenger team of a major marine mutual, while Directors Patrick Bond and Stephen Hunt have both previously specialised in crew claims, litigation and casualty management.
TMCM offers a unique and unrivalled resource for the handling of crew and passenger matters
- Illness and injury claims under crew contract, tort, domestic and international law
- Negotiation and settlement of death and disability claims
- Passenger claims under ticket contracts, Athens Convention and Package Travel Regulations
- Advice on crew contracts and compliance with Maritime Labour Convention 2006
- Guidance on legal, practical and medical considerations in crew source countries